Williams-Napier Post 40 is pleased to offer one senior student per high school in Catoosa County, a scholarship of $1,000 for further education. This Scholarship is to be awarded based on academic achievements. The award will be presented at the applicants’ Graduation/Awards ceremony by a Post 40 Officer.
There are a few requirements that need to be understood to apply for this scholarship:
- Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Applicants must be graduating high school seniors.
- Applicant must live in the state of Georgia.
- Academic requirements include students have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0
- Applicants’ GPA must be verified by their high school.
- Applicants should have participated in school and community activities.
For the Applicant
Applications must be received, completed, by April 1, 2024
- The completed application must be completed as a typed and printed file.
- The completed application must include a 300-500 word essay on the subject of Americanism: What That Means to Me.
- The completed application must have one (1) recommendation letter such as the High School Counselor, Teacher, and/or scholarship committee.
Applications, essays, and recommendation letters can be digitized into a single file, such as a PDF, and emailed to email@example.com with Scholarship in the subject line.
Applications are also welcome to be mailed via postal service to:
American Legion Post 40
P.O. Box 444
Ringgold, GA 30736
ATTN: Post 40 Scholarship Award Program
The American Legion provides a variety of scholarships to support higher education for youth.